THE FIRST PERSON TO VISIT MARS IS IN SCHOOL TODAY. WILL IT BE YOU?
Generation Beyond is a first of its kind, national educational program designed to inspire the next generation of innovators, explorers, inventors and pioneers to pursue STEM careers.
- Explore the surface of Mars in virtual reality with the Mars Walk app
- Watch student-created videos of space travel habitats
- Download fun lessons for parents and in-depth STEM curriculum for educators
- Zoom across our solar system and see the spacecraft and missions Lockheed Martin supports
- Play interactive learning games about deep space missions
EXPLORE MARS - DOWNLOAD THE MARS WALK VR APP
The first people who will visit Mars are sitting in a school today. To help inspire these students, Lockheed Martin created Mars Walk: a virtual reality adventure you can experience using your own smartphone. Mars Walk provides a fun, interactive, and educational tour of the red planet in a stunning VR experience.
Explore Mars – on your phone. Download today.
A cardboard VR device is required. A non-VR version is also available.
WATCH THE VIDEO CHALLENGE
We challenged middle school students (Individual and Teams up to 4) to present their Mars Mission habitation module through a one- to two-minute video, which included a visual representation of the habitation module. The submissions blew us away and earned incredible prizes—including $10,000 for Grand Prize winners!
INDIVIDUAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER - DANE S., FULLERTON, CA
Dane's submission was awarded the Individual Grand Prize at a ceremony on May 23, 2017. See his winning video below.
Lockheed Martin Chairman, President and CEO Marillyn Hewson addresses Parks Junior High School students at the Individual Grand Prize Award Ceremony for the 2016 Generation Beyond Video Challenge.
TEAM GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN JUNE 2017
Think you can top their innovative ideas? The 2017 Video Challenge will open in August.
FOR EDUCATORS: USE OUR SPACE EXPLORATION CURRICULUM
We partnered with Discovery Education to develop lesson plans, activities, and other resources for classroom and at-home learning:
- Explore the importance of weather and its impact on the go/no-go decision of the launch of a manned Orion mission.
- Solve real-world problems and encourage a deeper understanding of how space flight leads to innovation here on Earth.
- Extend classroom learning with activities designed for the family to complete together.
With your help, we can prepare and inspire this generation to reach new heights.